Profession: Managing Consultant
Office Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Experience: 25 years
Education: Cornell University School of Industrial & Labor Relations
University of Maryland, University College, Business Administration
Awards: Maryland’s Top 100 Women: 2010 & 2012
Maryland’s Top 100 Minority Business Enterprise Firms: 2006
Carla A. Nelson Chambers has over two decades of management consulting, specializing in business and organizational diversity, training and working with small, disadvantaged, minority, and women-owned businesses throughout the Baltimore/Washington Metropolitan area. Ms. Chambers served as the Director of Minority and Women-owned Business Development for Baltimore City under two Mayors. She was responsible for implementing the Mayor’s strategy of the Minority and Women-owned Business Enterprise program in the Greater Baltimore region. Advocating, educating, informing, and promoting the interests of small, local, minority and women-owned firms. Charged with reviewing, interpreting, evaluating, and implementing inter-departmental policies, practices and procedures of the MBE/WBE program within City agencies, she ensured barriers were removed that prohibited local and disadvantaged firms from participating in City contracts.
CITY OF ALBUQUERQUE, (ABQ), ALBUQUERQUE, NEW MEXICO
ACDBE Goal Setting Methodology Report, 2018
• Project Manager for the review, assessment and update ABQ’s final ACDBE Program Document
• Complete their current Triennial ACDBE Goal Setting Methodology Report.
CHARLESTON COUNTY AIRPORT AUTHORITY (CCAA), CHARLESTON, SOUTH CAROLINA
CCAA Specialty Leasing Kiosk Program, 2017 – 2018
• Project Manager for the development and implementation of the airport’s Specialty Lease Kiosk program. The SLKP is a short-term, low-risk leasing opportunity designed to incubate small independent merchants looking to expand their business within the Charleston International Airport.
Business Diversity Consulting Services, 2017 – present
• Project Manager for the development and implementation of the airport’s new Small, Minority & Women-owned Business program, complete their ACDBE 3 year Methodology Report, DBE 3 year Methodology Report, and enhance their DBE and ACBDE compliance, monitoring and program documents and procedures.
HARTSFIELD JACKSON ATLANTA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (ATL), ATLANTA, GEORGIA
Facilities Asset Management and Sustainability On-Call Services 2018:
• ATL EcoDistrict – Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) is certified as the first airport registered EcoDistricts in the nation. As Task Leader, Ms. Chambers was charge with leading the team in the development of the Stakeholders engagement and surveys to prepare the Statement of Imperatives Commitment and the Roadmap that outlines goals and objectives necessary to achieve certification as an EcoDistrict.®
• ATL Food Recovery – Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport (HJAIA) is home to 175 food concessionaires. As Task Leader Ms. Chambers works with a team of subcontractors responsible for the diversion of edible food waste from Airport Concessionaires to distribute and assist local citizens in need of food and community organizations charged with feeding the homeless and families in need of food.
• Go Green Sustainability Conference (2018) – Conference volunteer on behalf of ATL and J|D
INDIANAPOLIS AIRPORT AUTHORITY, INDIANAPOLIS, IN
Supplier Diversity On-Call Services 2017 – present
• Project Manager for the Indianapolis Airport Authority (IAA) On-Call Supplier Diversity Program to support their DMWVBE program; provide guidance with the Concession Refresh Program with determining proposers’ ACDBE commitment and participation goals for the Concession Refresh Program; and provide compliance assistance and supportive services for Title VI compliance, Tile 49 CFR Parts 23 & 26 – ACDBE and DBE in DOT Financial Assistance Programs.
VISIONARY NETWORK CONSULTANTS, INC.
• Minority business consultant to Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport, Office of Fair Practices in, developed and implemented BWI’s Business Procurement Networking events (Synergy BWI), Career Fairs, and coordinated the Ghana Airways Inauguration celebration in July 2000.
• DBE Liaison for the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) on the Woodrow Wilson Bridge project. Responsible for identifying, networking and referring small, minority & women-owned businesses with prime contractors and create a pipeline of DBE contractors in the Metropolitan area for future work with VDOT.
• Diversity Manager at the MGM National Harbor Casino tracking State business registrations, State and Local certifications, and Maryland Lottery applications for more than 500 firms that provided construction work, and goods and services, and supplies on the project.